Welcome to my blog! At Queenie and the Dew I write about all sorts of lifestyle topics, from fashion, food and beauty to books, culture and film. I also throw in the odd tutorial and recipe too! Today I'm sharing a fantastic guide to making a sumptuous lavender salt scrub - perfect for gifts!
If you like what you see, I'd love you to stick around. Just hit the follow button below to add me to your reading list :)
And now, on with the tutorial!
What girl doesn't love nice-smelling bath treats? I came up with this eco-friendly tutorial for a lavender-scented salt scrub to whisk away dead skin and leave you buffed and glowing. You can also pot it up and give it away as presents.
I'm currently drowning in lavender (not a bad way to go). A couple of weeks ago I posted a tutorial for some lovely lavender-scented pouches and bought way too much dried lavender buds.
So, my salt scrub will be lavender-scented, which is fine by me because I can't get enough of the stuff. Here's what you do:
1. Take 1/2 cup of coarse sea salt
2. Pour in 1/3 cup of grapeseed oil (you can also use jojoba, almond or coconut - whatever you like)
3. Give it a good stir
4. Mix in around 1 tablespoon of dried lavender
5. Add 16 drops of lavender essential oil (or more/less depending on how smelly you like it)
6. Mix again
7. Pot it up, add a pretty label if you like and start scrubbing!
This makes quite a coarse scrub. You can also add some finer sea salt if you want to mix it up a bit. It probably goes without saying, but please don't use this scrub if you have any open cuts! That wouldn't be very clever...